Privacy Statement Dream Irish Wedding
This privacy statement sets out how Michelle McDermott (trading as Dream Irish Wedding) uses and protects any information that you give Michelle McDermott (trading as Dream Irish Wedding) ("us", "we" or "our") when you use this website.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Each time you use this website you will be bound by the then current Privacy Statement and you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, the data controller is Michelle McDermott (trading as Dream Irish Wedding), Limerick, Ireland.
By using this website, you signify acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of the website. We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time. Your continued use of any portion of the website following notification or posting of such changes will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Name, contact information including email address.
- Information that you provide to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this Website and/or services, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions to which you are a party and of the fulfilment of your orders.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website and/or services.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (such as email,
voicemail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were previously provided to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to those working on our behalf for a specified purpose. They are not permitted to keep this information and it is only to be used for the purpose for which we contract with them.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the right to request a copy of the information held by us about you. We may charge a fee for this which will not exceed €6.35. You also have the right to access your data, have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, the right to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data, by means of a request in writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to us by email to email@example.com.