Some tips & inspiration for your St Patrick’s & all things Irish Themed Wedding in Ireland:
- Colour/Theme: Although green is a main St Patrick’s colour, you can match it with other colours such as gold or white, sage and pastel, pinks and ivory or even emerald and lime green. Bridesmaid dresses are the perfect way to highlight your wedding colours. Or just use it as an accent colour bringing small touches of green here and there such as an emerald broach on your shoes.
- Invitations: The invitations set the tone & the theme for your St Patrick & everything Irish themed wedding. You can decorate with the well-known-clovers & horseshoes or simply using shades of green colour. Making reference to the Celtic culture is a good option to reflect your St Patrick theme with the knot or cross. Apply the same décor & monograms to your place cards, menus and your table name cards.
- Decoration: You can have a lot of fun when decorating your venue. Floral centrepieces with white and green flowers with hint of gold bring beautiful spring vibe to the celebration. You could hang horseshoes on chairs along the aisle, have green satin chair sashes, green linens & mood lighting and set some green tealight lantern on your table. Lots of possibilities green napkins, shamrock candles, green glassware & shamrock favours…
- Bouquet: Your professional florist will advise you on the green flowers in season you can use in your bouquet including amaryllis, roses, vebrunum, bells of Ireland. You can discuss the specific design you want for your wedding bouquet and the floral arrangements you desire for your reception, ceremony. & wedding party with the florist. Your flower girl can carry a little flower posy & perhaps a green ribbon tied around her dress & an Irish/Celtic symbol on it.
- Grooms Attire: shamrock cuff links for groom and his groomsmen is a nice and discreet way to share Irish culture.
- Ceremony: Holding a smooth stone while you say your vows is an Irish tradition believed to bring goodluck. Guests write their names and wishes on it before giving them back to the newly-weds (great idea for your guest book). Binding bride and groom’s hands is another Celtic tradition called “hand fasting”.
- Food & Beverages: Use typical dishes such as smoked salmon, Irish Spring lamb, Irish stew, bacon & cabbage. Wash it down with Guinness and Whiskey. For your dessert/wedding cake incorporate a Guinness bottle.
- Entertaining: you can’t have a perfect Irish wedding without Irish music. There are lots of romantic ballads and nice instrumentals you can use on your St Patrick themed wedding day.Not to mention some Irish Dancers!
- Favours: Have a product made in Ireland to share the culture you like and highlighted throughout your wedding day such as Irish soda bread, shamrock candles and chocolate… an endless list. Ensure to consider your colour, budget and theme!
Lots of ways are possible for having your perfect St Patrick’s themed wedding. Think about what you really want from it & have fun when preparing it!
Download our tips: Ideas for Getting Married around St Patrick’s day
Contact Us: email@example.com