Signature Cocktails are a fun & fab addition to your wedding reception. Wedding Signature Cocktails reflect the personality and taste of the bride and groom and even the colour palette of the wedding. On our Blog today, we share our Top 10 Wedding Signature Cocktails with Recipes that will delight your guests and keep them refreshed.
The signature cocktails don’t have to be complicated to be meaningful. For one of our real weddings, the couple decided to serve Irish whiskey shots at the end of their wedding ceremony in honour of the bride’s dad who sadly passed away. Check out the heart-warming message of the groom for the bride’s father later in our Blog.
Top 10 Wedding Signature Cocktails
1. Lavender Sangria
- ~3 cups / 750 mL bottle pinot grigio
- ½ cup / ~120 mL brandy
- ½ cup / ~120 mL Grand Marnier
- 2 cups / ~475 mL club soda
- ⅓ or ½ cup / ~80 or 120 mL lavender syrup
- ½ cup / ~120 mL sugar
- ½ cup / ~120 mL water
- 2 tsp. dried culinary lavender
- 1 pint / ~475 mL of strawberries sliced
- 1 oz / ~30 mL of frozen peaches
For the lavender syrup:
- Place the sugar, water & lavender in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Whisk until the sugar dissolves, bringing the mixture to a simmer & cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the lavender.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge before serving!
For the Sangria:
- Add the strawberries & frozen peaches to the bottom of a pitcher.
- Pour the wine, brandy, Grand Marnier, lavender syrup (start with ⅓ cup, taste & add more if you want) and club soda over top & stir.
This tastes great when it sits in the fridge and “marinates for a bit.
2. Blood Orange Elderflower Gin Cocktail
- 1 oz / ~30 mL gin
- ¾ oz / ~22 mL St. Germain (elderflower liqueur)
- ½ oz / ~15 mL lime juice
- 2 ½ oz / ~75 mL ginger ale
- 1 oz / ~30 mL blood orange juice
- Combine the gin, St. Germain, lime juice & ginger ale in a glass & top with ice.
- Slowly pour in the blood orange juice.
- Garnish with blood orange slices.
3. Rose & Ginger Paloma
- ¼ cup / ~60 mL fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 oz / ~60 mL silver tequila
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp rose water
- Gingerbeer, for topping
- Half fill the glass with ice. Add the grapefruit juice, tequila, lime juice, & rose water.
- Stir to combine & then top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with fresh roses.
4. Coconut Pineapple Rum Slash
- 1 cup / ~235 mL coconut rum
- 1 cup / ~235 mL amaretto
- ⅓ cup / ~80 mL Truvia Nectar
- 2 cups / ~475 mL pineapple juice (without added sugar)
- 2 cups / ~475 mL cranberry juice (without added sugar)
- Pineapple chunks, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl & whisk to combine.
- Pour into a freezer-safe dish & freeze overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer & break up the frizen mixture with the back of a spoon to create a slush texture.
- Spoon into a glass and garnish with fresh pineapple chunks.
5. Blueberry Lemon Vodka Spritz
- 2 cups / ~475 mL blueberries
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced & de-seeded, + more for garnish
- 4 oz / ~120 mL simple syrup
- 16 oz / ~475 mL Torr vodka
- 32 oz / ~945 mL sparkling water (or lemon Italian soda)
- Rosemary for garnish (optional – mint or basil would be good too)
- Muddle the blueberries, lemons & simple syrup until the lemons release their oils & about half the blueberries are smashed.
- Stir in the vodka & place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Right before serving, stir in the sparkling lemon water (or lemon Italian soda).
- Pour over ice & garnish with lemons & sprigs of rosemary.
6. Plum & Thyme Prosecco Smash
- 2 plums
- 6 thyme sprigs
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp. thyme simple syrup
- ½ cup / ~120 mL water
- ½ cup / ~120 mL sugar
- Thyme sprigs
- A bottle of Prosecco or your favourite bubbly.
For the simple syrup:
- Bring the water & sugar to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add thyme sprigs & let cool.
- Chill until reasy to use.
For the drink:
- Peel & chop 2 plums. Muddle the plums with the thyme simple syrup & lemon juice until all of the plum juice have been released.
- Shake with ice in a coktail shaker & pour over crushed ice.
- Top off with prosecco & garnish with extra plum slices & thyme sprigs.
7. A Summery Rosé Spritzer
- 5 oz / ~150 mL rosé
- Fresh strawberries, chunked
- Fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 lemon slices
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Place 1-2 tbsp of fresh strawberries & 2-3 lemon slices in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass.
- Muddle well until juicy.
- Fill glass with ice to the top.
- Ass rosé, then top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with fresh mint & lemon.
8. Emerald Ol Fashioned
- 2 oz / ~60 mL Knappogue Castle Single Malt Irish Whiskey
- 1 tsp. honey syrup
- 1 tsp. Chartreuse Green
- 1 tsp. Dalin Génépy des Alpes
- Cucumber Shamrock
- Pour all ingredients into a glass full of cubed ice & stir clockwise for around 12-14 seconds.
- Garnish with a shamrock cucumber like one of our real couples did.
9. Thai Lemongrass Margarita
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp. curry powder
- Lime wedges
- ½ oz / ~15 mL agave nectar
- 2 tbsp. chopped lemongrass
- 2 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 1 sprig cilantro or Thai basil (regular sweet basil also works)
- 3 or / ~90 mL lime juice
- 3 oz / ~90 mL tequila blanco
- ½ oz / ~15 mL orange liqueur
For the rim of the glass:
- Combine salt & curry powder in a shallow dish.
- Cut a small slice horizontally through the flesh of a lime wedge.
- Then, run it around the rim of a rocks glass.
- Lightly dip the rim in the salt mixture.
- Then fill with ice.
For the Margarita:
- Muddle agave, ginger, lemongrass & cilantro in a shaker until thoroughly smashed.
- Fill the shaker halfway with ice, add lime juice, tequila & liqueur.Secure lid & shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain maragarita into prepared glasses, top with a splash of slub soda & garnish with lime wedges, lemongrass & cilantro.
10. Pomegranate, Rosemary & Gin Fizz
- ¼ cup / ~60 mL pomegranta juice
- ½ cup / ~120 mL gin
- 3-4 tbsp. rosemary simple syrup
- ¼ cup / ~60 mL water
- ¼ cup / ~60 mL sugar
- Few sprigs of rosemary
- Dash lemon juice
- Soda water, to top
- To serve: fresh rosemary sprigs & pomegranate arils.
For the syrup:
- In a small saucepan, bring the water & sugar to a simmer.
- Then take off the heat, ass the rosemary & allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- Drain & set aside.
For the drink:
- Divide the iced cubes among your cocktail glasses.
- Pour in the pomegranate juice, gin, rosemary sugar syrup & lemon juice & stir.
- Top with soda water & garnish with rosemary sprigs & pomegranate arils.
We hope this blog helps you find the perfect Signature Cocktail for your wedding.
Tell us all about your Signature Cocktails on our social media!
We acknowledge all the wonderful photographers we work with whose images we have used in our blog, along with images from Pinterest.